Sunday, March 20, 2011

They Say I Say-Yes/No/Okay/But: Matthew Curtis' Reading Response.

I found this reading much more informative and useful than Orwell's essay, but Orwell's essay did make me think quite a bit, so I suppose it served its purpose. I've written an argument essay before, but looking back on it now I feel as though it's lacking something and I think I might have done a bit better if I had read this particular passage beforehand. I know it's okay to agree or disagree with someone, but without being able to explain why, your argument can sort of spiral into confusion. This reading offered suggestions on wording to use to help support your statements, and I think some of them will come in handy in my own paper for this class. When it talks about the "duh" move, I found that to be something that, while it may get your point across, it does seem like an asinine thing to do. On a whole though I found this reading to be very informative and I'll refer back to it when writing my own paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment