Monday, March 14, 2011

Editorials for the win... but I dont feel like a winner

It's possible that my topic is too specific, but I'm having a hard time believing that to be the case. The CQ Researcher was fairly useless on my subject of 'tattoos', as was the 'opposing viewpoints' suggestion for my topic. I don't know why this surprises me, but it does. The third suggestion of searching through editorials actually proved quite interesting. It brought up a few ideas that I hadn't thought of yet, or maybe just hadn't drilled down to that level yet... Even the TED link at the very bottom of the lesson gave me an idea of another lead in/idea to play with.

Some of the digging helped with generating ideas, but I'm still struggling with picking an actual argument. I was hoping the reading would help a bit more in that respect... time to keep digging!


Source:
"Talk About Geting A Haircut." Editorial. Edmonton Journal  30 Jan. 2011: A12. Print.

No comments:

Post a Comment