Ignoring the lack of continuity with time in regards to life vs. school, or relationships for that matter... this reading was interesting, but it seemed like more of a review instead of something new. "Read out-loud", "re-check your sources" , find a 'reader' ... Was I just working ahead of myself if I've already done this?
I have to slam refdesk! "Fast Facts"? Really??? It's too easy to get lost in the mas of links that... well.. are just there. Maybe I just love Google too much, or other search engines, but refdesk needs to be burned/nuked/removed from existence.. maybe that space-time rupture could suck it into oblivion. Ok.. enough of the slam. I'm sure there's great information buried in all those links, but like the annoying Bing.com commercials, I just wanted to scream "LOS LINKS!!!!!" and cry. The other search engines that we talked about previously in class were much easier to use and navigate. I'm really glad we weren't required to use this as a resource. It's possible that at the time CR was written that these other sources hadn't grown up yet, but today, these fast facts are found much faster other ways... and with a lot more knowledge backing them up.
This doesn't mean it's not useful information, it just means that I was kind of let down after reading 11 pages of the CR manual and not coming out with anything that I consider new.. =\ Maybe there's a hole in my glass after reading this and I'm viewing through a half-empty foggy glass... or do I just need more beer?
The semester is almost over ... does this terrify anyone else?
No comments:
Post a Comment