Part 1:
-Establish relationship with interviewee
-Don't ask yes/no questions
-Body language-be interested in the person not head down writing answers to questions.(bring something to record interview?)
-Don't be afraid to ask questions not written down. Be flexible
Part 2:
-"What drew you to weight watchers?" Question I could use in interview
-Explain your project. Why are you writing, what your writing.
-Repeat back answers to show your listening
Step 3:
-Write everything down=
date, time, place
stupid details
be specific, write down word for word-if allowed record conversation
signs, times, thoughts
-Use senses=
Vision-what colors do you see, light or dark, shapes, what are people wearing?
Hearing-listen to what they say and how they say it(happy, sad, etc.) ambient noises like
wind or other people chatting
-Touch=
cool or warm, is what I'm sitting on hard or soft?
-Smell and taste=
perfume, cigarette smell, drinking bitter coffee while having interview
-Other=
atmosphere of room, invitation of whats going on
-Pay attention to what isn't said=
body language, facial expression
Space matters
include layout
-Practice=
Facts Thoughts/Feelings
Date time place Write everything I'm thinking as it happens
More analysis vs. summary (see response handout/guidelines).
ReplyDelete