Monday, February 14, 2011

E-Text Assignment - Field Research

In the first video, the interviewer takes time ‘away’ from the interview to write down notes… Even thought she is recording the entire interview. Her body language pretty much shouts “Wait, I’m writing!” by hunching over her notepad and writing, even as the interviewee is still talking. Her questions were set in stone too, leaving no room for growth or digging for more info.

The second part of the tutorial is a lot more ‘personal’. Even from the first line, she explains what she’s doing her paper on, and what her purpose for the interview is. Even though she is taking notes, she’s not hovering over her paper, and she’s maintaining eye-contact through most of the process… even the small head-nods show that she’s listening.

The third video is a little different, but the intro helped bring up some good points about what is important and what’s not… pretty much, everything is important, you just don’t know it until you go back over the information. We have a lot of senses to use, not just our ears.

I think for my project, my senses are going to be a big resource and a challenge at the same time. If I’m allowed to do an observation of someone getting a tattoo, it’s going to be difficult to portray the visual aspect of the art being performed, as well as the sounds that are going to accompany it. Hopefully I’m able to do it justice.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work!

    Please adjust time zone/ time stamps so they'll reflect accurate times (you were in class at 6:10, right?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm.. I don't know how it showed up as 6:10pm... should have said 7:10pm.. fixed manually. But I can't find where my time-zone settings are on here. I thought Blogger pulled it off of the local computer and IP address. odd.

    I'll keep that in mind for future responses. :) Thanks

    ReplyDelete